Sunday, July 27, 2008

A fun filled day


This morning I got up at 4:30 and did the Glenview Park District Sprint Triathlon with Kat. Kat got 2nd in our age group and 9th out of 162 women. I placed 48 out of 162. I was just happy to finish! It was such a fun and well organized race.

After the race I had to go back home, pick up the boys and come back for the awards and raffle. Good thing I came back because Kat got this plaque and I won a golf foursome from the raffle! No, I don't golf, but Erik will use it! It just felt good to win something.



We headed out to Aunt Louise and Uncle Dave's house for a "summer birthdays" party. The boys enjoyed some time in the pool.


Caleb's birthday was squeezed into this party too!


He wasn't really so sure about all those candles. I think he blew once and decided that was enough.




Thanking Grandpa and G.G. for the blanket and train.

Grandpa loves trains, so he was so excited to help Caleb try out the new toy. Caleb also got an easel and a 'huge wheelee ball'. Thank you everyone!

4 comments:

condapfour said...

Where did you get the North Park College t-shirt? Did you have it in your stash?

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

Congratulations Courtney!!! My sister and I are doing a sprint Tri. in Sept. I can't wait!! Great new pictures!

Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade said...

hi stroms!
we are excited to have you in the UP! let us know when you get into town...and i heard a rumor that you're having whitewater at camp! is the concert open to the public :)
see you soon!

WML said...

Congratulations on your race. Too bad I did not know, because I would have been there. As for the party, as Tam says, you can never celebrate your birthday too much!