Friday, July 04, 2008

Fourth of July Parade

Brothers!


Waving at the trucks.

For the record, Caleb does not like fireworks. We drove back home this afternoon after lunch and when we were pulling into the city we heard a few quick, loud explosions.

Caleb: "What was that sound?" (Totally in denial of what he had heard).

Us: "Those were some fireworks."

Caleb (nervously): "Umm...I don't think those were fireworks, I think that was someone clapping."

Another time he informed us that he was pretty sure it was just some thunder. Anything for it to not be fireworks! He even had a hard time falling asleep tonight because he didn't like all the pops and booms going on around the neighborhood. While going to bed he asked Erik if Daddy could make them go away. Erik tried to explain that he wasn't able to stop them from going off. Caleb replied in a pathetic voice, "Can God make them go away?" Maybe next year.

We are home from our vacation. We are happy to be out of the car for a while now. After posting all these pictures I realized that we didn't take any pictures of the four of us or any pictures with our wonderful hosts! Erin, Jim, Benj and Marit thank you so much for your hospitality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Calebs thinking on how to get those darn fireworks to stop, so sweet!

Erik, has anyone told you that you look exactly like the guy who just lost on the bachlorette (yes, I did watch it last night) . . . Nathan and I (yes, he watched it with me) couldn't get over it . . even the mannerisms!

Sarah said...

I used to be SO afraid of fireworks when I was a little girl! I remember going to a show once with my family and I wouldn't stop crying and screaming, so my parents put me in the car and I cried the whole night while my little brothers and sister were brave.