Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My trophy.

Tonight Erik and I both had meetings at church so we had to get a babysitter. Caleb was not happy that a babysitter was coming over. He cried really hard for a few minutes before I could calm him down. When she arrived he stood on the first landing while I opened the door. As soon as he saw her he said "I don't want you to hold me." Is that why he was so upset? All those tears because he thought she would hold him? She came in the apartment and Caleb wanted to show her all the toys he had been playing with. As I was giving her some directions he came over and handed me these LEGOs and told me to bring them to my meeting so I could think of him. Excuse me? How cute is that? (I'm having a hard time putting them back in the LEGO box, but thought a picture would help!) When I got home the babysitter said that Caleb did great. Jackson, however cried for a few minutes when I left. While he was crying Caleb said "why is he crying?" Kids are just so funny to me. One second Caleb could be balling because I was leaving and the next second he doesn't understand why his brother is crying.

4 comments:

WML said...

Smile! I would be gluing the legos together...

Tonya said...

That is so sweet that he wanted you to have something to remember him.

Jed and Anne said...

Thanks for all of the updates and cute stories, Courtney. Caleb seems like he is really growing up! I love how he made you the lego creation to take to church - that was so thoughtful. I also liked the pictures of the boys all messy with paint and the one with Jackson smeared with Oreo. You have great kids!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting these little stories of things that Caleb says. I really love reading them. What sweet little thoughts he has! : )

Nathan's mom would write down in a little journal all of the things N would say that struck her as interesting or funny and they are so great to look back at now.

When he was three and they picked up his grandma from the airport he turned to her and said "Grandma, do you know the Lord?"