Monday, July 11, 2011

Emmett gets tubes...

We have been busy taking Emmett to several doctor appointments to find out if he needed tubes. He has had fluid sitting in his inner ear for quite sometime and all the doctors agreed that he should get tubes. I wasn't very excited about my little baby having surgery, but when I heard that the fluid could distort the way he hears sounds and affect his speech I was more on board.

He got a 1:30pm appointment which meant we had to be there at 12:30 and he couldn't eat anything from midnight the night before. He was, however, able to have popsicles, apple juice and jell-o. He actually LOVED his diet for today!

Erik and I were both able to be with him. Everything went very smoothly. We were at Children's which put everything into perspective! Here were all these other kids fighting for their lives and my little boy was getting tubes in his ears. It took him about 15 minutes to settle down after being put under and then he was back to himself. He gobbled up all the snacks I brought for him and drank two things of apple juice from the hospital.

We are thankful for great doctors and a quick surgery. I just ordered him some ear plugs and a headband for swimming in the lake!

No comments: