Friday, April 28, 2006

So Big!


Caleb and I went for a walk this afternoon. The sun was shining right onto his little head so I had him wear this hat. This was his first time wearing a baseball hat and I could not get over how big he looked! And there he is showing you just how big he is. He does "so big" every once in a while...but not on command. He only does it when he wants to.
Here's a funny story about our walk:
We walked to the fruit market and when we got there I realized his little grey jacket was missing. I knew it had probably fallen out of the stroller and someone had picked it up. I was so frustrated. As we were walking back I made sure to keep my eyes peeled for the jacket just in case. Then all of a sudden I spotted it. (Keep in mind that we walked about a half mile and crossed only a few streets to get to the fruit market.) But there, in the middle of the side street all dirty and as flat as a pancake was Caleb's jacket. I felt stupid picking it up, but I went quickly and stuffed it back into the stroller. We continued on our trek back home. Then, after crossing Kedzie, I looked down and it was missing again! There it sat on the other side of Kedzie. At this point I'm thinking, "Do I just forget about the jacket? Maybe I'm not supposed to have this jacket!" Well, there was this old lady crossing the street, she realized I had dropped something and said she could bring it to me. I said thank you and tried to explain that I had already dropped it once and she said "I think it needs to be laundered."

3 comments:

Seeker said...

Did you need the Dreft spray? haha

(Luke's blanket fell out of the stroller the other day, and I ran over it. Yikes. He was terribly unhappy about it needing to go in the laundry. He doesn't take too well to any substitutes...)

Caleb is a doll!

erik and courtney said...

No Dreft needed! was is easy to post that link to a video? i would love to put videos on here, but i don't know how to.

caroline and mike said...

i love this picture of you...it's such a "sahtee" face. only a few people know what i mean. anyway, i miss your face court and the little man as well. more pics of you please.