Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday, Caleb!

One year ago today we were holding Caleb in our arms for the first time. Sometimes it is crazy to think that a year has already gone by, and other times it is hard to remember life without him. Looking at this picture of Caleb brings back so many memories. I remember the first time I saw him...the first thing I said was, "You look just like your daddy!" He had so much dark hair then! (I am still not convinced that Caleb looks like either one of us anymore.) I remember that first night in the hospital, wondering if I would ever fall asleep. I didn't want to take my eyes off of him. I knew I should get some rest, but I just wanted to hold him and stare at him! And here we are today with a one year old. We thank God every day for giving us this wonderful gift. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB MATTHEW STROM...we love you so much! Eating sticky buns for the first time (a birthday tradition in the Mecher household).
When we brought Caleb over to Gramma's house this morning, this was on the porch, another Mecher tradition. Thanks everyone for calling and singing to Caleb today!

4 comments:

condapfour said...

so what did he think of the sticky buns and his birthday greeting from habib?

The Process said...

Happy birthday to Caleb. It's been great to watch him grow this year but also to watch the two of you grow as parents and your ability to love on that boy. He's a keeper!

simplicity said...

I can't believe he's already one!!!! The year flew by. I think he's a good mix of both you and Erik. Happy Birthday Caleb!

THE GTEAM said...

GROWING UP ON LINE..that's how we've been able to watch the year go. Caleb's a stud and so are his parents.

tony, wendy, and baby gap